UCSD Student of the Week: Sofia Go

Wednesday, November 04 2015

Photo Courtesy of UCSD

The High School Department selected Sofia as Student of the Week (Oct 19-23, 2015) for the following reasons:

Sofia is doing such a good job in Economics and Office Procedures. Economics is not an easy course and she is understanding the concepts very well. Office Procedures deals with so many different skills necessary for success in the business world. She tackles every assignment to the best of her ability and is learning so much. Keep up the good work, Sofia. ~Ms. Gurley, Business Teacher

Sofia Go takes things to the limit, not just once, but time and time again. She pushes herself to become a better reader and thinker by not only reading a lot, but reading carefully, taking in-depth reading notes, and entering conversations at a truly intellectual level. As a writer, she brainstorms meticulously, writes from both the mind and the heart, and revises thoroughly to produce truly fine pieces of writing. She embraces taking risks as a learner in order to learn, not just to earn a grade. On top of all her academic drive, she is energetic and positive every single day. Keep on sailing, Sofia! ~Ms. Purevsuren, English Teacher

As soon as I heard Sofia Go was nominated for SOTW, I wanted to write without hesitation. Ms. Go has been an exemplary student here at UCS. In the PE department she has been doing the above and beyond expectations required for the class. She shows great work ethic, honest and trustworthy qualities, asks questions when needed, and is very adaptable. Even though some of the activities are challenging, she gives 110% in ALL environments. Ms. Go has become well respected by her peers. I enjoy having her in class, keep up with the good spirits Sofia. You're Da Bomb! ~ Mr. Clausius, PE/Health Teacher

Sofia is the daughter of Ariel & Editha Go.

News Community About Site by Joseph Redmon